Thursday, October 11, 2012

Online V.S Traditional classes


Online V.S Traditional classes
BY : RAJA

 

       Which one do you prefer: online classes or traditional classes? With technology spreading around the world, there is a variety in ideas and opinions about this topic. In the beginning what is online classes? Online education allows the student to use his own computer and Internet for learning anywhere or any time and it has become part of a new era. Traditional classes are the regular classes, which is the student have to attending school. Online classes and traditional classes have advantages and disadvantages in cost, time, place and opportunity but the most important difference that the student communicates with classmates and the teacher only trough the computer and traditional classroom students meet together with the teacher in a physical classroom.

 

       First, the cost varies. Online classes can cost less than traditional classes because of low tuition fees .The only expense is for classes. However, traditional classes have a lot of extra expenses such as living expenses, classroom space and health insurance. Some people can’t afford all these expenses so it’s better for them to have online classes.

 

     The class schedule is also different. In online classes the student can choose the study time. This is suitable for parents who didn’t finish their school and have kids at home or for people who have a job, so they can manage their time between their job and studying. It is so hard to manage the time in these two situations in the traditional school. Therefore the online classes are good solution for them. On the other hand, traditional classes are suitable for kids to arrange their time and have face-to-face contact with their teacher. Besides it’s better for their social life and makes friends and meet new people in online classes they haven’t this chance to have this social life.

 

     The place for learning, in online classes people do not need to travel.  They just need their laptop and the Internet. So they have the opportunity to continue their education anywhere they go. With the traditional education, the student has to travel to school for each class. As a result online classes is an opportunity for people .Who doesn’t have the chance to enter the college or didn’t finish the high school, it’s also a chance to continue their higher education like taking masters or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).

 

       At the end online classes is suitable for some people and traditional classes are suitable for others. Both of them have advantages and disadvantages because of their variety in cost, time, and availability. I prefer traditional classes because I’m an old-fashioned person and it’s suitable for me.
 
 

19 comments:

  1. Raja,
    Have you ever taken an online class before? I've done it once and it was actually a lot more work than a traditional class would be because rather than listening to the professor lecture or interacting (talking) with classmates, we had to read and write A LOT every day!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really what was it ? yeah i hear that there is a lot of homework !

      and NO,I've never taken online class before.

      Delete
  2. In my country, students prefer to have traditional classes. As a result, they go to different part of our country for study. However, after people have their own jobs, they chose online classes. -Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will take traditional class like you do, if I learn online probably I will on facebook all day...


    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha you so funny Jimmy , I think yeah most of young people going to do just like you.

      - Raja

      Delete
  4. I'm like Jimmy, I think that i cant have online class because are many distraction there like facebook!!!
    By the way I love the pictures hahaha

    -Carmina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is a difficult topic. In my opinion, i want to take class in traditional class because there are a lot of opportunities to communicate with my friends and teachers. Besides, we can discuss the topic in the class! It must be fun! This is a good topic!

    Sayo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it's difficult Sayo but it's depend about your station
      thank you Sayo for your comment ^,^

      -Raja

      Delete
  6. In my country, traditional classes occupied most parts~~,but I prefer online classes~~
    -----Xuanwei

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raja,
    After you have a baby, would you consider taking online classes?
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nop, because there is not dental online classes. :(

      -Raja


      Delete
  8. I like traditional classes better than online class~ Cuz it have more fun with friends and teachers :)
    -Dandan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Raja,
    I think I will choose traditional class first because I need somebody push me to study otherwise I won't study syepp by step. ha ha


    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Raja,
    I have different opinion with Winnie. I like online, it is so easy and everywhere, everytime,you can study.

    Na

    ReplyDelete